Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Advent starts Tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the first day of Advent.
Christmas markets are sprouting everywhere to mark the beginning of Advent and will be on till the 23rd of December. Christmas Markets are very sepecial here, especially in Germany. It gives you a 'more' Christmassy feeling. Since now it's snowing and the temperature somtimes is below 0, yes, it does feel like the Christmas Season that we used to watch in Home Alone those days.


And everytime I go on to eBay, it's counting down how many days to Christmas. As of today, there's 27 more days to go before Christmas. Since the middle of November, shops have started sales for Christmas and stock clearance for Autumn.

Some may have put up their Christmas trees and start wrapping presents. Some may have started Christmas Carolling practices and planning for their Christmas party.

Every child would hope to receive what has been on their list since last Christmas. I remember back in those days when Christmas was a season to look foward to. It's also the school holidays and every night would be a possible Christmas Gift hunt in town. I always spend a lot of time looking for the right gift, and that means many trips to the malls to figure out what would be the best, lists my ideas and think about it and go on my mission once more. I don't really like gving gifts that are impracticle or ones that would be sitting in the corner collecting dust. I'd rather buy you a frying pan or a bed sheet rather than a crystal deco or a photo frame. Maybe I'll even buy a mosquito repellent as a gift.

Owhh.. well, it's the thought that counts right? Mine I put in energy, ideas and foot aches. But now they have Internet shopping. So no worries.

Last week I was out in München for Harry Potter and the Deadly Hollows Part 1. I'm not as much a Harry Potter fan as my sister is, but I do watch it sometimes. And I think it's really good. As in a good movie for someone not a big fan. It has more action to it and has way more actio compared to the first one when they were still little. This one they even showed a naked Harry kissing Hermoine. ahahaa.. So how did you like it?

And in Marien Platz in München, they had an open ice skating ring.



How cool is that?
I wish I knew how to ice skate properly and not tumble over the little kiddies who are still trying to learn. I would be quite embarress to ice skate in public, especially in a place like this. All thie kids were profis doing turn and tricks. If I was in that ring, I'll be holding on to the side or falling on my butt. So much for Sunway Pyramid ice skate many years ago.



They had this little bear thing for support for those little children who are still learning. I'm too big for that. *shy*

No comments: