Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

They may be young

but one thing's for sure, do not underestimate people despite their age.

After my Masterchef Australia Season 2 fever, I've recently got it going for Jr Masterchef Australia which was aired in Australia in August. I just downloaded it recently and have watched half of it. I don't know if there has been any other show like this for young kids below 13 who has passion to cook.


It's pretty amazing to watch young children at work in the kitchen. Like an 11 year old making pasta from scratch and moussaka in an hour.  They don't even make simple stuff like I expected. They make real restaurant like dishes superbly like they have been doing it for years.

Pierre from Jr Masterchef Australia

This young fellow should already have his own restaurant.

Lucy and Gary.

See how tiny they are in size, but you've got to love what they do.

When I was in primary school, I joined the cooking club as an extra curricular activity. If this were to be in Malaysia 10 years ago, I would have been in it. I'm amazed how they nurture their children to be positive and build them up in something they really like, take a hobby seriously and just simply support them.

Normally in an Asian home, children are not even allowed in the kitchen unless they are living in poverty. If not, the elders will be so afraid that children will set the house on fire or kill themselves while playing with knives. These kids are totally the opposite!

Shows like this should be done more often. Watch it. It's good for kids and also adults!

No comments: