Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

One Mans Trash, Another Mans Treasure.

Selling your second hand items may not seem like a big deal. Here it's more like a lifestyle. Season in and out, flea-markets are very popular among the people here. It doesn't matter how much their daily earnings are, they still do visit the markets to find something that they like.


Just a bus stop away from my University is a public ground that hosts Lower Bavaria's biggest Flea markets twice a year. I've always been fond of Flea markets. Cheap stuff, bargains, and buying things are aren't necessary expensive.

And yesterday being a solo player, I've joined in and opened up my own "stall". Alone. And everyone thought I was joking when I told them. Hahahaa..


It may not look much. I was clearing out my room and found things that I rarely used. A better way to get rid of them would be in this place. The fee for a stand would be 6€. With a vehicle it would be 12€ and an additional table would be an extra 6€. A cheapskate that I am, I took the cheapest. Started at 8am, I stood there for 5 hours. Closed early because it started to drizzle.

I sold a few stuff of mine. Not all. A lot were attracted to my shoes but unfortunately, they were too small. So were my jackets and blouses. Well, there's always ebay.

And my treasure for the day? I bought an ice cream maker for 10€. And it has never been taken out of the box! Original price was 96€.


Can't wait to start whipping ice cream.

3 comments:

Globalized Dayung said...

I bought second hand computer desk, chair, sofa and TV from my friends and through website...still in good shape & cheap!! Once I finish my study in the States, I will sell or give free to anybody who want all my 2nd or 3rd hand stuff....

reeyau said...

its so easy to get 2nd hand stuff in Europe or us. its still considered valuables. haha.. ive bought my tv, cabinet, bicycle, winter jackets etc etc. which are still in good condition.

fred said...

yau!!! so cute ba u... diri they berjual.. awhhhh.. ice cream maker!!! bring back msia and we jual ice cream bawah jambatan st joe!! i miss u... lama x nangga u kat ym, so i agak here, buang rindu.. hugs... enjoy ur holiday, yau.. cant wait to hear abt it!!!

<3 u, laughing hyena! hahahaha