Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Leftovers are always the BEST

Selamat Hari Raya Malaysia, its people and also to other Muslims celebrating.

Yesterday was the first day of Raya here. As a Malaysian, I joined in the celebration of this annual event. (that's the same as Chinese New Year, Deepavali, Christmas, Gawai, now that theres a Sabahan in the family, Pesta Keamatan juga saya mau celebrate bah)
Be Thankful you're a Malaysian.

No, I don't have any pictures available.
1. I woke up late. Of course that's followed by rushing.
2. I have to carry my dodging DSLR if I want to take photos.
3. The chains of my handbag could not stand any heavy weight objects. (it broke in me a few times)
4. Ironed my baju kurung resulting a hole in it.
    Than i decided to put on my kebaya. Ironed it and stained it from the melt-stain of the last baju kurung.
    Put on another kebaya and no, I dont have a white singlet.
    (my grandmas kebaya requires you to show the public how expensive your bra is)
5. I walked for a vast 2 minutes and the rain started pouring!!


Celebrated Raya at a Malaysian family's home in Regensburg. Same place where we had our first Raya gathering back in 2008. Time flies super fast (and I keep saying that).

To me it doesn't matter if the festival celebrated is align with my believe or not.
We may have different beliefs and culture. What matters is how strong we hold on to our belefs. No one says that going to a Malay friends house for Raya will turn you Muslim or celebrating Christmas will turn you into a Christian.

As a Malaysian, we are born rojak. And who does not love rojak. (I'll pick nanas and tauhu first!!)

Usually every Raya, I'll be going around Satok area, the kampung Melayu visiting friends and my ex school teachers (is there suppose to be an ex in front?). Feasting on rendang and lemang, and culturally, the Kek Lapis Sarawak.

Yesterday I brought my own self made Kek Lapis Sarawak. Sekejap jak dah abis. Sik sempat aku mok potong agik.
New product on market plan. huahaaha..

I'm happy I get to bring leftovers hom *nom nom nomm*

Little things that matters for a student. I'm thankful I'm blessed.

Selamat Hari Raya dan maaf zahir batin.
Happy Holidays to others who are not celebrating!! (like me, I'm having summer hols)

No comments: