Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Istanbul : The.Famous.Grand.Bazaar

Everyone talks about Istanbul's Grand Bazaar.
Istanbul has a 540-year-old covered shopping mall of 64 streets, 4000 shops, 22 entrances and 25,000 workers, -the famous Grand Bazaar. 

An experience not to be missed. Being here makes me feel like I was teleported into Aladdin's Bazaar.


And you'll find everything that will make a girl jump for joy.






The downside is :
Tacky tag lines to attract customers. I've heard  
Hi miss, do you know that today is my birthday?
Selamat Datang Apa Khabar?
Lampu cantik-cantik murah-murah
Excuse me you dropped something
and lots lots more.

In short, this place is more of a Petaling Street. It's just that they don't send gangsters to chase after you like in Petaling Street.

They have fake LV handbags that costs 3000TL which you know not of it's design. Everytime I see fake high end products, makes me think of little children under forced labor and amputated legs so that they can't run away. It's a true story.

They do not put prices on their items and will price them really high and you have to bargain to get to your desired price. If it's too expensive, just leave it. It's their loss. You'll find a much cheaper one in town.

Scarfs and shawls are cheap here though. Pashminas, silk and cashmeres all start from 5TL each and varies according to quality and design.

To me, it's just an experience I could not let go of. I'd rather shop behind the Spice Bazaar in supplier shops which are dead cheap. That I would recommend.

No comments: