Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Anu Gawai Dayak

With 45 minutes to strike 12 o'clock back home, I would like to wish everyone a

Silamat Anu Gawai 
(which can be said in many native languages)
tara boh tara bohh... oooo haaaa!!!

3rd year of not being home to celebrate it with my family, I hope one day this sacrifice will be worth it. For those who are far away for the Harvest Festival, it is a sacrifice for the future. 

With all my mums siblings officially back for Gawai this year, I guess this is the first ever Gawai together after almost 10 years. I hope you all have fun.

To everyone else, I would like to wish you a great time among friends and family during this festival period, no matter what your background is (because Sarawak is a culturally diverse land where race is not an issue)

So well, have a safe drive back home and be a German when drinking. That means staying away conciuosly from alcohol if you're driving.

Have fun!

1 comment: