Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

8,065 days and counting


As of yesterday, yes, I have turned 22.

First thing I did when I woke up was to thank God for living till today, for the people who made my life possible than I went on to replying all those birthday wishes. The fact that I did not line my birth date up on Facebook, still I have tons of wishes to reply. And why did I not put it on the list? Cos I want to see who really remembers my birthday, instead of a system telling them. But than again, there is still live feed.

So I'm 22, I still tell people I'm 20. I don't know why but I love being 20. haha.. As of a fresh 22 year old, I've done lost of reflection during my free time, before bed, in the toilet and usw. Things have quite drastically changed since the last 5 years, what more to say the past 10 years.

Gone where those useless MTV days which I feed myself so much with, a mentality of acceptance and trying to be cool. Those hours I've spent flipping through entertainment magazines are long gone. I was naive back than. I didn't knew the world or how things work in the world. There was only me and my cita-cita kosong to be famous or look like girls on the runway. 

Now instead of MTV, I've changed to CNN. Entertainment magazines are replaced with Times or Newsweek when I have a chance to get one. Education from Wikipedia have definitely broaden my horizons and Google is my best friend. Not that I don't want to indulge myself everyday on entertainment (apart from FB), but to think of those lost years I've be so uneducated about things in life. Furthermore, I far behind my mates who have grown up watching Discovery and learning about Technology. MTV did not get me anywhere. It won't even get me a job.

Now there's more responsibilities, struggles and such to keep me on my feet and to celebrate life. I've become a more thankful person to respect and cherish sacrifices of people around me. To talk less and listen more, to apply empathy in my daily living. To care more about the problems of others than mine, to cherish every friendship I have. Not forgetting to value the price of life (and value the hard work put in earning). I guess I can say I've started my journey to become a better person and to be a blessing to people around me. There's still a lot more to come.

No comments: