Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Facebook and its lovers

Face it, most of us have a facebook account. The new technology that connects us to people around us, wether it would be for business or pleasure. Even our parents have facebook. My mum has facebook, lets not forgetting her siblings. So now my whole family has a facebook acount and surprsingly at times, they spent more time commenting on pictures than I do! For some, parents having facebook would really suck as it was once said on a status, ''I feel like my freedom has been taken away''.

But I love it that everyone in my family have facebook. Than I can go through family pictures more often especially during my homesick moments. To watch my nieces grow, to see pictures of my uncles and aunties in the past. Facebook is a nostalgic walk for some of us.

I've read that due to the growth of facebook, people tend to refer more on their own opinion, not being open to the opinion of others. Let's see how many of use read the status of others and go ''who does she think she is??'' yeap, we start to judge people. I'm guilty. Sometimes I feel like smashing the monitor when I see status or comments that are hurting or people who think that they are so cool. Owh, lets not foeget those whos status would get ''news'' everyday. Popular aite. As my best friend says, some people has slow news today.. cerita tidak laku.

According to a survey, due to facebook, real life relationships are falling but people are making more acquaintances. Worth it? Like some people have 3000 friends on facebook but do they know all those 3000 friends individualy? Whats your guess? Popularity?? gahh..

In 2009 Facebook users have grown about 60% (somewhere around that figure) than the last few years. How many of us wake up to sit in front of the PC to watch our world go by and play facebook games? It's addictive. I know.

Not forgetting those groups people make. Sometimes I think it's out of control.Sure you don't have to pay membership fees and stuff, but groups like ''If 1 million people join this i will get the facebook logo as a tattoo''??. There's another guy that did this group pledge to tattoo all the pokemons on his back.ngahhaa.. Look it up. What has the world gone into??

I find facebook sometimes really annoying because people use it to promote racial issues or even argue. Get a life please. Be real and argue face to face, on in your little virtual world. Face it, some people who are so popular on Facebook are not-so-famous in real life.

What can I say about Facebook? The more 'maju' people are, the more they think they outsmart others. Please use facebook for its real purpose which is to stay connected. Not to make mankind go against one another.

So how does facebook control you?

No comments: