Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

pouring.rain

It has been raining non-stop the whole week. Sometimes, it even has snow forecast-ed during mid nights (Thanks to global warming I guess). I saw an empty field that looked almost like a paddy field on the way back. The field was flooded, but it seems like the ducks could make use of the extra water.

Rain has showered the whole place with it's cold love. It even broke two of my umbrellas and now I'm left with none. Umbrellas are very useful. To protect yourself from harm and also health problems.

I'm very sensitive when it come to drops of rain. I easily get sick and have headaches. There goes my story of my school days running around in the rain.

When I was in school, I used to hate bringing an umbrella to school. The reason : I always forget it. In secondary school, monsoon seasons get longer. I even had my favorite umbrella. It was a big golf umbrella which my mum got for free from her insurance company. My friends called my umbrella kapal cos it was big and could fit five teenagers in it.

Nevertheless, I would still have fun soaking up in the rain with my friends. Even with the help of kapal. We would run around in the rain in the cathedral compound especially on fridays. It always rains on Fridays.

To call upon a Friday rainy day, we were having YCS meeting in the Parish center. If I'm not mistaken it was a Valentines event. I was Form 2. Than again, my shoe was also named kapal cos it was big T.T
It was raining so heavily but we had no choice cos we had to be in school before 130pm (afternoon session).
On your mark, get set go! we ran our hearts out beneath the roaring thunderous shower. We came across a puddle. The were palm leaves scattered all over. Each of us had out leap, eventually I leaped and... my shoe got caught in the midst of the palms. I stood there staring blankly at my shoe. My friends have sheltered under the cathedral roof. Others were still leaping, now above my poor shoe. The puddle was above my ankle. I had no choice but to step into it to pull my shoe out. No one stopped to help. They were happy leaping frogs. kesian~

Arrived class in time with my wet muddy shoe in hand. A far cry of memory from now. A story to be shared with laughter among my friends. haha.. it was still fun.

A while ago I was stiing in the bus watching raindrps on the window. I remember thisa story.

It made me happy on a gloomy day.

No comments: