Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A.Toast.To.Friendship

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead
Just walk beside me and be my friend."
~ Albert Carnus~

After years of friendship, who new that we would be together in Paris.. Together in Paris is a theme from Disney's Anastasia that Manda keeps on singing. Than again, who in their right mind would have thought that this was possible? After much of memories, we though our friendship  will be only till that. That is till that day came.

In an occasion on past present and future birthday celebrations and celebrations of friendship, we decided on have THE dinner.

The concept of THE Dinner.
Formality, a nice restaurant, fine wine and good food. A celebration to all things in life. To us that is.

When someone had this idea of THE dinner, I was like ok both of you have to bring heels because we all have to dress up nicely (extra weight on the shoulders). Than, it was I who did not bring it cos I'm sick of my shoes, thus decided to buy new ones. Than we went to this shop to buy shoes, and this really nice lady recommended us a nice place for dinner. 

We dressed up, looked our best and killed our feet in killer shoes which had a history after that. Our reservation at 2030hrs and we looked so adult. Maybe in a way we looked young because most who were in the place were in their mid ages.


THE dinner was at a restaurant named  Wepler which is a really classy French restaurant and it's specialty is seafood. How could I say no to that right? Eating fresh seafood out of an iced tray does not even seems to bother me. Now that I think about it, it's like eating out of the display in a coldstorage. For a classy place, we ate like we were in Topspot having seafood.


 I should recommend anyone going there to have the seafood bar which is made our or fresh crabs, prawns, muscles and snails. The snails were the best. No, there was no scene of flying snails out of it's shell like in Pretty Woman. Inside I was praying so hard that my meal will not be flying everywhere.

an original French Flambe for dessert

We had wine, fine food and a great time with amazingly superb French service. Whoever says French people are a proud bunch have not experienced real French hospitality.

After dinner, we took a stroll back to our Hostel and there was this super long line of people waiting to watch the Cabaret. There was also a crowd which had just finished the first session of shows.

We took our time to take pretty pictures and played with the wind blowing effect. Mine never worked out. So I won't be showing any of those pics. =)

Than again for that day, my shoes became legendary.

5 comments:

The Mannequin said...

nice shoes, place & everything! :) a definite toast to years of friendship! :D

reeyau said...

thanks prisc. you should save money to travel here. it's very worth it!!

those shoes killed my legs. hahaa. i almost tergolek wearing them.

Anonymous said...

should have woe sneakers!!! i love the photos! gahh... wants to go to Paris myself too.

Anonymous said...

wahh... bergambar with the waiter some more! hahahhaa~ :) kacak kasut ya yau, got blisters ka ur kaki? or, it 'gigit' u?..

u knw, ppl always say, gigit the kasut before it gigit u. hahahaha!!! :) meeting gail later, i cant wait! miss u yau...

fred

reeyau said...

tipu la gigit kasut ya. i never know until those 2 monkeys told me. ya pun kaki gail agik got blister. hahaha. i didnt haf blisters. i just almost tergolek down d hill T.T

Paris is always a must in europe. though some parts are still scary.