Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Its June

As fast as time flies, its already June. Half the year has turned to memories which we will recall in our older days over a cup of hot tea. Fast ain't it?

June.

Always a great moth with a line-up of great interesting events which we will always have stories about. Gawai. Semester Holidays (for those back home). The beginning of summer. As for me, its the start of my endless pages of revision of things i may or may not understand. Exam in a month. God have mercy.

A great start for this month. I too had my chance of celebrate the Harvest festival in the Scottish city of Glasgow with my extended family. Uncle Donald and Aunty Julite with my 2nd cousins : Izra, Iona, Ian and Ingrid. Nothing beats being around family no matter how long you havent seen them or have been with them.


We had our Gawai BBQ, nyara-d for most of our meals till we were so full! Home cooked meal, I love you!

On Sunday we went to the beach. Yes the beach. I was like soo over the moon. I havent been to a beach since like in Labuan when we had farewell before I left for GMI. Dated 3 years back. My love for the beach never fades. So i came back with sunburn. =(. Of my winter days where i evolved turning to snow white, I'm myself again.



We also went to the Scottish Bagpipe Museum and the Whisky Distillery. We could not go for the tour because we did'nt have much time. But I did whisky tasting. I walked Glasgow town with Izra and Iona. And how the hot weather made us thirst for starbucks. And FIY, the Starbucks ran out of ice! Looks like mat sallehs need more ices than us Asians do. I had fun. We all did.
A bagpipe.. looks like an Elephant foetus

Look at those cute lil sheep

Sights around Glasgow
So that was Gawai for me. 4 days, 3 nights in Glasgow. It may not be much compared to home, but it still was a Gawai.

So back to those at home. Much liquor and dancing. Not forgetting the family chaos and Hot Malaysian weather. Gawai may not be over but its back to suare one for the most of you. I saw the perarakan video that Mike captured. It makes me count the days more to going home!More than a month and I'm done!
Owh and i forgot .. To Hazel and Herman. The new family couple. Latest addition on the block. Congratulations for being as one. Husband and Wife.
Lots of love as much as all of you love me.. Reeyau.

No comments: