Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Think in color

Once upon a time when I was still a primary/secondary school student in my humble town, dressed in my blue uniform, I loved color pencils, colored pens and anything colorful that would attract any child.

When we send children below the age of 7 to kindergarten, they would bring back their school work/drawing and it (would surely not) be mono-colored (if it is, I pity that kid). I don't think any kid would want to draw in black. Fish black, chicken black, house black. What a boring sight. Their work would surely be in shades of blue purple pink green... even their names are written in a color that is not black.

Back to my once upon a time story, I loved to buy magic markers and colored pens. Than, it will always be a story starting with one day...



... colored pens and magic markers are not allowed in schools. When a spot check in done, all pens besides the color red, black and blue will be confiscated. I would most of all be sad because I usually save up my money to buy my colored friends from the stationary shop in 3rd mile. *sad*

*whoosh* back to the present. I am a student studying in a university in G******. When we write down notes, we are encouraged to do it in color. Even in our exams, we are allowed to do it as if we're coloring Princess Jasmine and Aladdin. Everyone has more than one color on their exams papers, on their notes, even guys write in pink.

One day my sister said

''Yau, you know my friend, I accidentally took his pen before the test and he had to write the answers in another color.''

And what happened? Yes, he did not pass.

It's like were so used writing in black because teachers are old and cannot see well and stuff if you write in other color. Alasan membukit.
So if you write in another color teacher cannot see properly.  My professor umur 80 tahun boleh je mark kertas exam dalam kegelapan musim salji.

I may not be a teacher but I don't see any problem in writing in another color. It's catchy, more lively and actually shows more effort in doing something. (penat owhh pikir mok pakei kaler apa)

Instead of having KBKK in the 90's the ministry should just say OK! starting from today, there must be more that 2 colors on a paper for every student. I bet you they'll be smarter. Like children who learn fast because they are attracted to the colors.

So teachers, headmasters, PIBG leaders and commitees if you are reading this please allow your students/children to be creative so that they can produce BMWs one day like the students here. =)

1 comment:

Mell L. said...

OK! Sure will let my students go crazy with their colors just like I did when I was a school students. heehee.