Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Istanbul : Anadolu Kavağı

Arrived the last of the cruise stop.


 It's only a small fishing village.

Instead of a car park, they have a sampan park under their house.

Fresh fish. Juicy red gills for proof.

Well, NOT only.
So what do we have here? The ruins of the Yoros Castle. Climb up and you'll have an amazing view of the opening of the Black Sea.
Big mysterious Black Sea. It was very pretty from up there.

Even the locals had their chance on business. They sell jewellery, clothes, souvenirs etc.
This is from one of the houses on the way up to the castle.

Up high, they have cafes and restaurants with breathtaking views.
What took my breath was mostly the hike up which was very steep!! Blame my stamina *cry*

Parts of the long long time ago castle.
Talking about castles and ruins, I feel like Tamara Goodwin.

After all those energy draining walk. Take a seat and have something to munch.

 Very keen on having customers. *waving flag*

One thing for sure is to not leave this place without having some fried fresh seafood.




I almost fainted when I tried these.
The guy asked, "Have you ever tried fried oysters?"
My answer was No.
When I had one in my mouth, I was squealing so happy that something tasted of home. It was the long lost relative of my home oyster omelet.

And here we have fresh anchovies aka ikan pusu or ikan bilis as west Malaysians call it.

No comments: