Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Homey.Home

It's almost one month gone since my semester break started. How time flies really fast. The fact that I'm all alone in my place is what makes it thougher.

I was determined to stay back for this summer holiday. I got a part time job and though it is tiring, I'm actually having fun doing it. In a way, my reason to take a part time job is to improve my communication skills and earn some extra cash. Not forgetting experience goes in as well (of working for almost 12 hours a day!).

To think about it, this year I haven't got myself a well deserved semester break During the winter semester I was doing my 6 weeks practical. And now for my summer semester, it's my 2 month summer job. Last year at this time I was waking up late, cooking lunch, going for dance classes all in the familiarity of Kuching.

The reason why I write this post is that in the midst of loneliness, I'm actually home sick. I don't really miss Kuching in any way. I miss familiar faces, people that makes me feel warm inside and the company of loved ones. May it be in west Malaysia or Kuching itself.

Kuching changed a lot since I left home for the last four years. Not that I've never been back, but last year was the longest time (2 months) I've stayed in Kuching after I left secondary school. Somehow I feel like a stranger.

But some things never change. The warmth of home, the taste of home cooked meal, the smell of rain and the faces that makes me feel loved.

Ouuhh yes I'm deprived. All for the sake of a future. Please have mercy.

cuba kamu teka ini di mana...

2 comments:

Mell L. said...

Di Kuching.hahahaah.

I can feel the thrill of not coming back to M'sia already.It'll make an 'after-three-years' statement.

I miss the food to the core.

reeyau said...

dangan bangga u can say, owhh ive not been home for three years! haha.. ya its behind everrise 4th mile. i trjumpa it in my folder.