Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Berlin : Ich.war.da

Berlin to me has the best to offer. Amongst the other places, things you find in Berlin can't be found anywhere else in Germany.


A city with so much history and so much culture, which at more than eleven years ago, this place was a living hell.

Pretty as it is, Berlin is swarmed with tourists both local and international. Places of interests are all close by and their bus system is the best I've experienced. With generally all buses are double decked, it's even equipped with good air-conditioning. Not that Rapid KL does not have it, but top it of with frequent every 10 minutes punctual arrival. Even on Sundays.

Bundestag : House of the Parliament of Germany

Our hellos to Bundeskanslerin Angela Merkel
Try doing that at the Malaysian Parliament grounds.

Not to be missed : Brandenburger Tor (which is in every German workbook since I've started German four years ago)
There's a massive number of people on bikes. Some tour from Belgium. I'll loose my ass if I ever ride that far.

A tiny detail not to be missed in Berlin is the Ampelmann (which I've also seen in German Workbooks)
 Hotel Adlon : Micheal Jackson Fans wouldn't miss out on this one. The time MJ put his dear Blanket out for show.


The Berliner Dom : Dated back 1451, when dinosaurs still rule. 

Than it started to rain. Obviously shown with the big bright blue umbrella.

This was when we just arrived at Berlin. That night we took the bus to Copenhagen.

3 comments:

Mell L. said...

Just curious, where is you people punya lugagge or backpack??? hahahahaa. And why oh whyy didn't I ever think of the hotel where MJ hang his child! AAAhh now I hv to go to Berlin again!

and the fact that it has many things you that other places have, I agree about that. They hv Dunkin Donuts while Paris don't hv. Berlin is Kuala Lumpur!

reeyau said...

our backpacks we stuffed them inside a locker in the train station. hahaa. I did'nt realise it was taht hotel thn my fren dengan penuh semangat said it was cos its recordings even showed that it was facing the Gate.

Berlin is like sooo different from the rest of Germany. Exactly like KL!! in Munich you can't even find dunkin donuts.

Mell L. said...

Exactly!I think Berlin is the KL of Europe (putting UK aside).

Alright, now I am clear how u people walk around the city: without the backpacks!hahaha. And I love area Potsdamer for the modernity. Berlin is sooo KL!