Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter in Köln

I left for Friedberg last Thursday to celebrate Easter with my fellow Jesus lovers in Friedberg. =) A tiring journey it really was. Even travelling with the ICE. Gahh.. it seemed like forever! I left at 1330hrs and managed to only arrive at almost 1900hrs. That's almos equivalnbet to time spent on a normal RB which is much more cheaper!! Not forgetting the 50% bahncard that I bought after putting so much thought into it. ICE was delayed in Regensburg for 30 minutes which seemed like forever because it was damn cold due to rain and wind.

Thus Saturday came, which was planned an Easter celebration in Köln. I went along with Annd, Tommy and their Indo chruch friends for a gathering in Köln. Yearly during Easter, they would have a somewhat like a joint Easter Celebration from Indo churches in Netherlands and Germany. Like so cool right? On that day itself, there was more than 250 people alltogether for the celebration of Christ. Even that amount could sweep the entire amount of real believers in Germany.

We started out at 5am, as our train was real early!! Tommy had to usher for the event so he had to be there by 0930hrs. The real service was at 0200hrs. Before that they had like a inter church clip competition which I did not stay for. Annd and I went down to the city for me to become a tourist and Annd the tourist guide. Yes, my first time entering NRW. After almost 2 years here. Made me feel so Bayerish. zzt.

Pictures from the Köln Dom. Painted glass were all over and their organs were huge which was so amazing. Imagine how they built it back then.

Construction of Cologne Cathedral began in 1248 and took, with interruptions, until 1880 to complete. It is 144.5 metres long, 86.5 m wide and its towers are approximately 157 m tall.The cathedral is one of the world's largest churches and the largest Gothic church in Nothern Europe. For four years, 1880-84, it was the tallest structure in the world. [adapted from wiki]

There wasnt much to see in Köln. We walked the shopping street which was so much better than Munich. =) It was pretty cold and it did not take much time before it started to drizzle. There were lots of street artists as weel around the area (dressed in costumes and such). Than one was quite interesting. I always thought that those 3d chalk art were edited until I saw it myself (but did not stay long enough till he finished it). Amazing.
The crucifixition of Christ.

We than headed back to church. I missed the feeling of being in a community that actually really cares for me like in a church. A place where everything will be alright, because God is so amazing and all you would want to do is just praise Him for his love. All throughout the service, my eyes was so filled with tears than I myself drizzled non stop. It's been a while since I've felt so secure with God and how I've always overlooked my blessings instead of putting my trust in Him.


We sang praises and watched presentations done by churches. I really miss those. 

I've recorded videos too. Spot annd in this one.
Rayakan Yesus Rayakan

And this one will make Desi smile.. Sori des, nga clear sgt.
Untuk Des

I'm not sure how to upload vids on my post cos the upload video button seems to be gone. Sila tolong saya.

Blessed Easter everyone!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gosh i love those buildings.. hahaha... really love european architecture...

btw.. since u're going to France.. u really need to know a bit of French... with German, i guess u'll survive.. just maybe not english...

Hazel

Anonymous said...

grija tii da germany ka? manih li sanda kireng? kaii neh sanda rangputih ka?

andu ezra

reeyau said...

kaii.. ti girija indonesia. sanda bahasa bala nuh. anyap girija rang putih ati. da sanda german alai nuh.