Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Transit Journal : Dubai

It was close to 2300 hours as I stepped on the Middle Eastern Airport ground. Flying with Emirates is one of my favorite choices, since Malaysia Airlines does not have a Munich - Kuala Lumpur fleet and flying from Frankfurt requires me to take an early morning speed train ride, not forgetting the sky high prices. The trick to getting a cheap flight home is to stalk the web page exactly one month before your desired departure date. In about three days, the 700euros for two ways will turn to 500euros. A deal I learned.

Yes, after more than a year, I'm home for a special occasion. It's been a while.

Dubai Airport is home to many International travelers, especially those having connection flights from the east to the west and vice versa. As grand as it is, many shops and duty free deals are awaiting to entertain your transit hours. As for me, I was wondering around alone and somehow felt a little uncomfortable with people staring funnily at me. The trick is to just act cool. Everybody noes that. LOL

Going left after the escalator, I wondered around the shops. Trying to see if anything is out there searching for a master. Book shops, liquor shelves, cosmetics, I was hoping for delicious handbags. Not much choices. They do have Guess, C Audiger and Ferragamo.

Checking out on Gold prices. Counters are separated according to minerals and their percentage. People were buying off counter jewelery like a sale bargain due to the drop of the gold price recently. And talking about Gold prices, I've heard that they are cheaper in the Dubai terminals. At 188Euros for 5g, I think the prices does not vary much from anywhere else.

I walked the end of the rows of shops. Further down opens a food court. I turned my 180 and went the other direction. Something appeals to me. Mmm.. a yummy fruit smoothies stall. I can't avoid things fruity no matter how much I try. Especially if it has mangoes. Killer ones. A good thing is that it's healthy and yes, helps my digestion. I ordered a mango Smoothie and took a Strawberry and white chocolate muffin. maybe I'll have it for breakfast. It's actually only 1900 hrs back in Germany. Dinner maybe.

By the time I walked the other half of the shop rows, I'm down to half of my smoothie. Maybe I'll stop by at the MAC counter. My intention was to have them pluck my eyebrows for me. I ended up buying a eyebrow pencil and they don't do trimming at counters. 5 Dirham change. Maybe I'll buy date I thought. then I was too lazy to turn back.

I walked to the terminal gate waiting for my call. 3 more hours. A book for 20 minutes, Vampire Diaries for 10 and the rest, I spent it talking to the Aunty next to me who was transiting from New York to go back to KL. I spent quit a lot of time talking to random people recently.

2 comments:

Mell L. said...

HOME?! Happy holidays! Eat a lot of laksa, teh c peng, butter prawn and kolo mee for me. aaaa

reeyau said...

Ive stuffed myself much. Now I have to go back to business.