Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Paris : Esmeralda meets Quasimodo

The last time I was in Paris, I didn't have the time to step into this real life Disney cartoon architecture (boo me. I know Northe Dame from The Hunchback). One thing I remembered was the kids feeding birds outside, like a real Disney cartoon.

Norte Dame de Paris. Our Lady Peace of Paris which stands tall by the River Seine.
In the cold winter, there's no place better to go than to take shelter inside mystical buildings, walking the same trace as historians.


Too bad we couldn't go up to the belltower because of the weather. Nevertheless, stepping into this cathedral was magical. it was likea beautifully decorated cave with pretty windows. Everything seemed mystical and new wonders of how long things would survive lingers in my head. I felt like Nancy Drew.

Pretty glass stained windows aka Gothis Archi

The very place the Coronation of Napolean I took place. Picture form The Louvre.

There was a Christmas Carolling session up front. It was the 23rd of December.

The cross.
Overcoming death and the symbol of freedom in Christ.

4 comments:

Norris Thomas said...

wah..mbeh adeh wide angle lens ka? nice shots of da buildings...bravo!

reeyau said...

bayuh. masa ti mina minan kit lens. =) thanks.

Globalized Dayung said...

Dayung where r u now???

reeyau said...

im still in Germany. Just finished exams.