Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Santubong beach Skimboarding

There seem to be a hot new water sport in town. Skimboarding.

On the first weekend back home in Kuching, we had a surprise birthday party for a friend, well not exactly friend, we're like sisters to death. The party was planned long before the actual date and the location was in Camp Permai. Camp Permai is more of a recreational park with chalets and a jungle pool, best of all, connected to a beach which is also shared with Damai Puri Resort.


During my high school days, it was like a routine to spend a day here during the school holidays or before the holidays with my friends. I even had my 16th Birthday BBQ here. Owhh 16.. how long ago were you.. 7 years *sigh*

Happy 21st birthday Bin Bin.
Hope you liked the SURPRISE!!


Santubong Beach is considered the nearest beach to Kuching town. To me that is. It's only 30 to 45 minutes away. Though it could'nt be compared to other white sandy blue crystal water beaches, I'm glad that Santubong beach exists. because I have millions of memories I can drown in here. Especially when my sister and my friends comes back scarred. 

Ok back to the Skimboarding thing. I never knew Skimboarding existed. I only know Surfing. Not that I know how to do it. Well, seems like it's kind of popular here. During that particular Sunday, lots of youngsters were by the beach hoping to catch a wave.






Cool right? I realized I took too many pictures of this guy. I seem like a stalker. *I'm not*

I was just sitting there snapping away and he really had this sport going on. He was standing alert by the shores waiting for every chance to ride. It was exciting. I was clicking the camera like hell. New 12-24mm. *wink*


Till the next wave. Tchuss!

4 comments:

Globalized Dayung said...

When I try to pronounce the "Skimboard" name suddenly I slurred up saying "Skimbang"...it's an Iban word. I could not think of what is that word. I heard it somewhere but, but I could not recall...

reeyau said...

Skimbang? I only know Skibang. Kupuo SKibang. =D

Petite Cherie said...

Awwww, I've missed Santubong!! :)) Still so breathtaking. You speak Deutsch as well? Tschüss!! Hehe.

reeyau said...

yeap. im living in Germany