Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Manukan Island : Parasailing

Nice beaches, superb clear waters, what are we to do? Laying back for me isn't an option. Going wild is. So we took our chance of doing a typical island holiday activity. I wanted to take jet skiing, but Val suggested that we do parasailing. Parasailing?? How could I say no. I would one day jump of the Niagara Falls anyway. A great dream to be achieved.

A parasiling activity for 10 minutes costs RM180 for a pair and RM100 for singles but because of the bargain, we got it for RM130 a pair. I was suppose to be only 10 minuts, but then bring a friend aka Fanny who will talk her way out of the operators, we were soaring high for 20 minutes plus! I won't explain the sunburn. I was very satisfied. And someone had a new Facebook friend.



Yeay!! we got the colorful parachute!!


It was our first time doing parasailing. The excited Val turned nervous right before her fleet. But in the end, it was an experience never to be missed. It was hot, but it did'nt matter. I was at peace. We were taken to 20 meters (or 20 feet, I did`nt quite listen) up above the sea. I not sure if that's a good thing if you're afraid of heights.


Before going up, the operator will ask you if you'd like to be dipped. Even more better right? But up above air, Val was like, "Eh Ruth, what happens if there are phirannas below? Or sharks. You never know."

Semakin ada phiranna semakin saya mau celup. One fact to learn, that I learned from all my Aqua museum trips, phirannas are not as dangerous as it was shown in the movies. And I'm not an amazonian. Then I stared at the sea below, if there were sharks? God knows I was bleeding. Everything was going to be ok. Hahaha.

We were dipped about three times. It was cooling.

Wave happy people =D

Then it was time for us to get back on the boat. The operator winded up the rope and as we got closer Val said "What happens if we accidentaly drop right before we get on the boat? The motor. The motor!!" *closes eyes*

The sucker I am for things that scare people to death, I never think about such things. To me all things will be well even if I'm shot out of a cannon. The more my mum says it's dangerous, the more I'll stick my head into it. Then I started to think about the motor. It was like calculation rotaions when the dentist was drilling my teeth. "It's gonna be fine laa" I answered. Well, it was.

So glad we did Parasailing. 

I think I need another adventure right now. Coz I'm bored.

2 comments:

cueue said...

seems like you got a very good deal for the parasailing. do you happen to still have their contact number or name? thanks in advance!

reeyau said...

We didnt get the package from the counter inside the building. We got it from the guys who were promoting by their boats. We dont have their contact but I rememberd that the guys name was Manap. Maybe you can ask around by the jetty.