Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sabah Islands : Manukan Island

The state of Sabah has one thing that makes it different from the other states of Malaysia. And this is too the reason why I fell in love with Sabah. Nothing makes me go all gaga about nature compared to this. Even if it's seeing the Swiss Alps. I love Islands! Well, who does'nt??


Maybe those who are so afraid of the sunlight. Heliophobia. Yes I looked that up in Google. Amazes me that people even come out with scientific names for fears. Why did'nt it ever appear in Twilight?

So back to the Islands. Emerald green turquoise blue or whatever specific name or code there is for the oceans color. I can't say no to pretty islands! I want to own my own Island. Did you know you can bid them on eBay? Yes. Coolio. Pulau Riau is not mine. Thanks.

How cool is out creator?

Sabah is packed with islands along its coast. Well known would be the island of Sipadan where 21 hostages were kidnapped by Abu Sayyaf in the year 2000. Another famous island is Pulau Tiga which was the location for the first season of Survivor, also in the year 2000. One things about the islands is that they are so succluded and hidden from the world that not a lot of people recognize how beutiful these islands are. Well, some people actually don't even know where Malaysia is unless they know Formula 1 or Petronas. If not than, its "Do you know Singapore? Do you know where Thailand is?? Yeap Malaysia is in between"

Most of the islands are far off Kota Kinabalu which is the capital of Sabah. For example Tiga and Sipadan. But if you really do have the time to go around, please do take a dip in the Sipadan waters. I heard that it's the best diving spot in the world. If you're just around the capital city itself, you have a choice of choose three islands nearby. Mamutik, Manukan and Sapi. It only takes a 20 to 30 minute boat ride form the Jesselton Point. We only did a day trip to Manukan Island because we did'nt have much time in hand. Manukan is a good choice if you want to see fishes, for corals, opt for Pulau Mamutik.


There are island hopping packages. A two island hop or a three island hop. A two way boat ride to Manukan costs only RM15 to RM18 if you're a student. If you know how to bargain, you'll get it way cheaper. Because we got ours for RM12 per person, thanks to Fannys aunty's friend. She bargains really well. Not only a boat for the six of us but also parasailing at RM130 for two persons and RM10 for snorkeling. The original price for parasailing is RM180 for two and it's suppose to be RM20 for snorkeling.

Not an island without snorkeling.

Obviously we were so happy. I'm not much of a bargainer cos I don't know how to make my way through it but if you have friends that bargains well, put them to use. After much discussion, we bought some titbits, drinks and I got myself a hat. It is better if you buy your food outside of the point itself because they jack up the prices here since it's a tourist spot. Then we got on our boat and we were on our way to have the best sunburn ever.


Ndak sabar bha saya!

When we got tot Manukan, obviously I was already over the moon. It's so pretty!


I'm in love with this pic. It looks like an advertisement.


Isn't it pretty?
Next post will be on our activities on the island.

4 comments:

Fahriee said...

Wow, really miss this place. Was just here last year and I'm already looking forward to go back for my holidays sometime in July. Thanks for sharing! :D

Passport Stamps said...

Aaaah! so beautiful. I miss the ocean

reeyau said...

its really pretty. im in love with pretty islands

Anna Syue Fashion House said...

Nice blog!! Tak bosan baca blog u..heeee....Keep it up dear !!! =)))))