Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Venezia : Mystical Romance

When people think about Venice, it's always a about love and romance.



Do you? I know I did. I've always wanted Venice to be on the top of my honeymoon list. But than again, that was before I visited it. I didn't really have to wait for my honeymoon. Now I'll have to search elsewhere.


One thing about Venice is, there's actually not much to do there. It's a massive lybrinth of small shops and designer outlets and going places would be like getting lost like Alice in Wonderland. Try your luck. You just might end up in a street leading directly into the waters. No bridge?? Again? *gostan2*  


It's a mystical place. Something very magical yet soft on the inside. There's no other place on earth like Venice. The city is built on low mud banks and floods regularly. Though it still manage to attract 14 million visitors yearly.

The main transportation in Venice is the water bus. Cars are not to be found in Venice. Gondola rides are mainly for tourists and are extremely expensive. It usually starts at 80€ for 40minutes. And additional minutes are charged at a sky shooting rate. You can book gondolas online, but in Venice itself, there are sure to be cheaper ones if the Gondoliers are willing to give you a discount. We did not go on a gondola ride because it was 2°c and windy.





Gondolas have been a symbol of Venice and its romantic landscape. Its shape and size is crafted specially to go through its narrow canals.


Hotels are absolutely expensive. No doubt it's a real pretty place. But I really don't know what to do there. It's more of a place for art museums and church visits. Getting lost in its tiny streets. The Grand Canal, from Rialto to San Marco is known as the most beautiful street in the world.

If I ever return to Venice, I'll make sure it'll be during the Masquerade Carnival. Now that makes Venice even more mysterious.





One day I'll return. When it's not winter.

2 comments:

F. said...

zomg! rome, italy! ... it offers a lot of cool things, and scenery yang u can photograph rite?

super cool!

cheers, Nono Fara :)

reeyau said...

ya. its very pretty. but by d end of the day, nang sejuk tangan mok megang cam.
i want to one day shoot pretty photos like you!