Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Roma : What a sight your Majesty

This ground once was a place of residance of emperors and aristocrats. The Palatine Hill. The famous of the seven hills of Rome.

According to legends, it was on this hill that the twins Romulus and Remus were found in the Lupercal Cave by their four-legged shepherd mother. Ultimately, this is where Romulus decided to build the city. It was also on this hill that the Roman Empire began.

And how great it was to watch over your kingdom upon this sight. I would too build my empire here.



One of my favourite shots.
Reading overlooking Rome.

Augustus, Cicero, and Marc Antony (Marcus Antonius) all had homes on this hill and at one point, the entire hill was filled with imperial palaces.
It was like the Beverly Hills of the past.

Now, in ruins, it looks like a place where terrorists and counter terrorists have their fun time.
*Counter terrorist wins!*


 Of course no palace would miss a garden. Some withstood time.
And in my kingdom, they'll be trees of oranges. Which makes the place neturally smell of citrus.

Off with their heads!! Stealing my oranges you tourists.



And I wonder what would I be if I was born hundreds of years ago..

No comments: