Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Tooth Story

I've been having a terrible toothache since last weekend. The result of eating snails, which I mistakenly thought was oysters. I could'nt sleep peacefully for a few nights, and all I did was swollow Paracetamols to ease the pain. Than a friend of mine suggested that I gargled salt water. It helped a lot. Pain free for the next few days.

On Monday morning I woke up with a throbing jaw. Not easy on the last week of the semester. I could'nt take it any longer. The pain was overpowering my mental ability. So I searched on Google Maps for the nearest Dentist. I called up and steeled for an appoinment on Thursday, which was yesterday. They did'nt have any earlier slots since most of the days were already booked.

I thought my teeth were fine because the pain went away. Damn, I was so wrong. It was my first visit to the Dentist as long as my stay here is. I only went in for a check up. I did'nt have to pay the 10€ fee.

The nurse brought me 2 the x-ray room for an x-ray of my teeth. Then I seated at the dentist chair waiting for him. The nurse came in and put the x-ray of my teeth on the screen in front of me. Happily i was proud of my healthy set of teeth, which still has no sign of imperfection. Than I saw something. Something alien. It looks like this. This was taken from Google ok.


Mine was on the right side. The victim that made my life miserable for the last two years. I have a horizontal wisdom tooth impact. Not good kids.Stupid tooth.

I asked the dentist if I could have it out immediately. He told me to come back the next day, which is today. Appointment at 10pm. I went with a beating heart. I thought to myself a few times that I needed to go to the toilet. I have a nervous toilet syndrom.

So today, I had my wisdom teeth out. Two of them since the one above is not needed too. It seems kind of hard for the dentist to work on my stubborn tooth.

At 20minutes :
Dentist : bin gleich fertig. (will be done in a minute)

At 23 minutes : (saying to the assisting nurse)
Dentist : ahh.. das geht nicht. (does'nt work) *gets the grill again*

He was struggling and digging my tooth just to get it out, moving my head for side to side. I cried in pain a few times and he had to inject me with anesthetic twice during the extraction.

Honestly, I have high respect for the dentist. He was really struggling with my demented tooth. You want to know how he did it? He cut the tooth into three pieces just to take it out. Ouch! Horrofiying!! My eyes were close the whole time.

Stupidly I was calculating rotational speed as I was listening to the drill. Reminds me of the Milling and Turning machine. Pfftt.. WTH. Than I turned my distraction to Justin Bieber while singing Eeenie Meenie in my head. Thank You JB. =P

Moral of the story : Visit your Dentist often. If there's pain, ask for an x-ray.

6 comments:

Mell L. said...

Omagad. SAKITNYA!!! Even tumbuh gigi kekal pun I almost kill myself sbb gusi koyak. ergh

reeyau said...

sakit!!! the pain after the dentist is even more painful =((

Amir Aziz said...

terbaek Ruth.kau buat aku gelak 20 saat. sambil hentak kepala atas meja.sebab part mesin miling dan Jb

reeyau said...

dasyat giler kot tdi. Zahnartz tu main tarik2 cam tarik surat kabar dri anjing. kau tunggu kau kena. tau horror dia di situ. baik kau check. entah2 kau nyer lagi teruk

Jim Elsom said...

hahaha.... eeeeeeee.... now im scared... i got tooth problem...

reeyau said...

go check jim.. hahhaa.. now smua org takut.