Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

This years flashback

As the year comes to an end, this like this are quite common. I was voting on CNN's top 10 highlights of 2011. It was a disaster. 2011 was a disaster in the news. With most of it quite depressing. We'll remember 2011 as a quite depressing year, with the only positive news was of the Royal Wedding. And number one on the poll was the capture and death of Osama. And many more deaths, including Gadhafi. And the 77 kids who were slain in Norway. Not forgetting the many victims of the tsunami, floods and hurricanes which was all over the news this year. We need a break don't we? Why are all these news nothing but negative ones? It's as if God wanted to sweep humans off the face of the earth once more, like the times of Noah. 




Seeing the glass as half full, why don't we put out our own lists of the best times we had in 2011? I mean, the world may be awful and corrupted or maybe plain awfully corrupted, but I'm sure as individuals, we do encounter something positive, no? Something that would put a smile on our face and make us tell stories of "Ahh, that was in 2011. Good times". Isn't it up to us to make something positive out of ourselves and our lives? Be an impact to others.

So here's my top 10 Good Times for 2011 :

1. My travels (it'll always be on top)
2. My mums big 50th Birthday. I especially went home for this.
3. I got an Internship placement at an amazing company.
4. I caught the Korean FEVER! I have so many people to blame for this!!
5. Even though it hurt quite a lot, I was glad I had my tooth extraction!
6. With my own pay, I bought my first designer handbag. *proud*
7. My very close cousin and my good friend popped babies!
(Even if it was'nt me popping them, nor have I seen any of them, I'll always remember this.)

*thinking hard of something good*

8. I moved to Regensburg for my Internship
9. I dyed and permed my hair.
Ok, this is a very big thing for me sine I've never done anything to my hair.
10. I'm (still) in love. (ok, I don't know what else to think of. LOL)

So start counting your blessings and start remember this year as a good one even though if it was'nt that good.

4 comments:

Mell L. said...

Uuuu designer handbagggg... shivers! Hahah it feels reallyyyyy goood kan.

As for me (mcm org tanya ja kan), to be honest, I find it very hard to imagine any other one year that'll be like 2011. It's so adventurous and very emotional. sobs and yeay all in one year.

Happy counting 'on the twelve day of Christmas...' to you!

reeyau said...

Ms Pame!! How have u been? Havent heard from u for quite a while! Hope that everything is good. Blessed Christmas to you too!

Mell L. said...

I'm home in MY now! For good... Damn. Leaving Europe is the hardest transition I've been and after 5 months, still struggling to not miss every single thing in Fr. Sampaikan blog pun tiada hati to update anymore.

reeyau said...

Uve been back for 5 months?! wow! i didnt know. I can feel u! I dont know how ill be when i need to go back one day. I cant imagine. I havent been home much since Ive been here.. Are u job hunting now?