Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Believing in Eternity

Eternity seems impossible. The life we live in isn't the life of Damon Salvatore nor Edward Cullen. But how I really wish it was. Would'nt it be just easy to rip a person out especially when they've pissed you off and flea to somewhere out there and not need a visa or a passport. But I'm not a great fan of eternity. As in to live forever. This life has already taken a toll on me and I'm just a 23 year old still trying to figure things out while everything seems to collapse at its own phase. Nothing lasts. We all know that. Forever was never meant to stay.

Even relationships don't last. Even your new iPhone will be history in the next few years. Forever? No. And since the Engagement and Wedding season is in, it makes me wonder even more. How much is that all worth? How long can they stay together? Most importantly, how do they know that he or she is the right person to take the toll of the highest mountains and the deepest sea with.


I'm not agaist marriage. Nor am I against relationships. It must be all out of love. If not, what else right? (money, house, car, fame. etc) I do believe in love. It's the only good thing available in the world these days. But taking the step, big huge step to slip a jewellery on your partners hand and promise to cherish and to hold, it sacres me a little.

In a persons life, there are many occasions that make them human. The new job, new house, new car. but nothing beats taking another person to be your other half right? Of course you have to make a really big decision. Will that person not be a sour grape after 10 years of marriage? Will that person not be a fat lazy couch potato? Will that person not pay the bills, cheat your money, cheat You? Take another partner to have sex on your bed while you are out for work an your kids are sleeping in another room? Questions after questions bombareded into the tiny brain of a human who only uses 20% of it. Ironic.

Everytime I get on a bus on a weekday afternoon, highschool kids will be out from school. That too, scares me. On the day a child was born, everything seemed so perfect. Their eyes, little tiny mouth, tiny legs. Fast forward to 15 years later and what happens? It's not that their parents did not bring them up in a proper way. But why do they still become rebels who fight with their parents day and night, come home drunk and occasionally bring some one random to share their bed with? How fair is that to the ones who clean their poop? I'm not saying that every kid becomes chavs one day but it looks like the numbers are growing. And so is the rate of divorce. And it's not because we worship Kim Kardash.

So where is forever in that? Until which point of time will children become angelic little creatures, or until when will you tolerate your partners imperfections? Forever?

I was quite dissapointed that Lynette and Tom Scavos marriage failed in Desperate Housewives. They were the only perfect family on the lane. No one would make a drama if it wasn't for reality right?

I do want to find a person to share my life with. And when I do, even with all these psychotic questions in my 20% used brain, I pray that that would be the right person.

So how do you know? For those who are already married, how did you know? Did you regret it?

No comments: