Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Wayy back then

Time flies real fast doesn't it?
Next week we'll be celebrating our countrys 53rd independance, a week after that it's Aidilfitri, than Deepavali ... and before you realize that it;s already the start of a new day, Christmas will be at your doorstep and thus, another year gone and 2011 will step in. *phew* hard work of 24hours in 365 days.

One of my favorite past time would be to recall back memories. In fact I spend most of my hours thinking about the past, especially happy ones. Not that I'm not the kind of person who does not want to move on in life. I do. But I still do find comfort in my past especially when I'm lonely.

When I was sixteen, life was so much happier. My view of life back then differs so much of what is present today. I had a great company of friends tat provided me endless moments of laughter. Family who would teach me new things everyday, a grandmother who waited for my homecoming from school every afternoon. I am not sure of what sixteen years olds learn in school today but I know I was naive but yet pleasant of the way life is. No I did not have alcohol during parties. In fact my sixteenth birthday was celebrated in Camp Permai with lots of sand and BBQ. I was in love with creativity and no way in my mind was I to study engineering what more to say living n a foreign land.

I did have crushes *blush* but it only stayed that way. No dating no kissing or any of those stuff. One thing, I was really shy. (you may LOL me. I just die aroud guys) and yes, back then things were very traditional and conservative. If caught talking to a boy, the question is "who's he? what's his name? who are his parents?" Things teenagers find ridiculous. But now to think about that, every parent has the right to now who their children are mixing with. You do that now, and your kid will threaten to suicide.

The difference is only a about 5 maybe six years ago. But what difference does that make? We try to be more "westernize", telling the world we love being fed with pastas and strawberries not nasi lemak and durians. How we evolve to be more "connected" virtually rather than going out and interact physically, telling the universe how wasted we are last night with much alco consumption and be proud of it. The expression of the new generation to be more "open" to "LOVE" (that's double inverted commas).

The thing is, the world is getting sicker each and everyday. but are you going with the worldly flow do do you have your stand?

No comments: