Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Copenhagen : Denmark in 24 hours

Bus from Berlin : 2000 hrs
Arrival at Copenhagen : 0500 hrs
(or may I direct translate it to o'clock?) *gelak² guling² kau*

Stores open at 0800 hrs. Spent 3 hours of waiting at the train station. 3 hours of unbelievable experience. From gays having urm.. *secret* publicly to homeless loonies asking you if you could speak English. Than her next line was : can you help me with some money, I'm homeless. Than a string of may I say "mad" people running about playing dress up and cooing bird sounds.

We only spent a day in Copenhagen. It was a whole lot of time to experience it. More than enough to cover it as it is. No Trivoli and beer experiences included. We walked the stretch and covered the map. Copenhagen is generally a bicycle city where you can rent bikes and circle the whole place. But we took the harder route instead.

Big smiles for the Danish Flag

Copenhagen's Shopping Streets stretches to almost 1km

They had and International Food Bazaar at the end of the Shopping Street. 
Spanish Paella : I watched the documentary about it.

It wouldn't be a Copenhagen trip without seeing boats and canals and all things floating on water
Please excuse my sour face. I was dying of itchiness.
 I was behind every scene of every photo. I deserve this shot.

An amazing Marble Cathedral
Reminds me of Taee Church, cos it was on top of the hill

Pretty Trivoli by night. 

The park opened on August 15, 1843 and is the second oldest amusement park in the world, after Dvrehavsbakken.
Tivoli is currently the most visited theme park in Scandinavia and the 3rd most visited in Europe.
Wikipedia


Why we did not enter Tivoli? We were running low on cash, tired, and it was freezing cold at night. We got to watch those high soaring rides from the train station. 

I could not even afford this by the time we about to leave. 

Mermaid was not available as she was on vacation in Shanghai. But we do have Woody made out of Lego.
Guess where does Lego come from? =D

1 comment:

Mell L. said...

Copenhagen!I wanna go there!wuhuu.