Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Save Earth

I've officially done with my six weeks Grundpraktikum which is a great relief!! Thank God. =)

27th March is officially the day for earth hour. So turn off your lights for an hour today. Save our beloved planet (and also your own health). A sick world results to even more diseases and problems. 830pm local time, put all electric appliencies to slumber for a good rest ok?



I did my own love my earth project today which is selling bottles. Its been a while since I've sold my shelf-full collected plastic bottles. Every visitor to my room would always be attracted to my shelf full of plastic bottles. =/ Finally, after I-have-no-idea how many months, it's all cleared out (including glass bottles and hard plastic bottles). I secara rajin today cleaned my room, the total opposite of my past room situation (which is vary shameful). ngehh!

 soft plastic bottles
bottles with fund. This label gets scanned in the machine. No label, no fund.
reapings of what I've sowned =)

7,75 euros is much right? If it was converted to RM, it's almost RM40. Such a simple thing and we take it so lightly.

The same goes to plastic bags. Here we have to pay a few cents to buy a plastic bag from the supermarket (take note: we take the public transport) so when we have a lot of shopping to do, we have to carry big plastic bags with us. (bigs bags almost costs 1 euro, I take my Ikea bag).

Back home, they give out plactic bags like theres a plastic party going on. -_- ignorance. Than the plastic bags go all in the car boot and than in the kitchen. Would'nt it be more friendly if all groceries were put in the shopping cart than in the bonnet, maybe in just one big ikea bag or used boxes and not in many layers of plastic. Something so easy. Yet not practiced. Don't accept the plastic if it's not neccessary (ex: one item bought). Maybe I'll bring my own container to the makcik kuih next time when I buy kuih. Don't you realise how much plastic they give out?

Change our mentality towards earth. Love it, Save it.

No comments: