Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Life Spent


Today had been a good day out to watch the world go by whilst breathing the fresh welcoming spring air. I sat on the bech in the middle of the town square to watch them all in smiles. Girls brushing their hair at the midst of giggling, boys being macho, kids learning to walk, parents still in love. I sat for a while to think. How fragile can this life really be.

My phone beeped with a text from home. Mum went over to see cousin at the hospital. We just got to know that she suffered from leukemia prolly about a month ago. Now she's already bold. Agrresive they call it. A few day ago, my facebook home was spammed with condlences to my late Science teacher, who also suffered from leukemia. Just around the end of last year, a senior of mine (in Germany) passed away due to blood cancer, a close friend lost her mother at the end of their family vacation. Last night after a chat with my group of friends, an update that a handfull of our Malaysian seniors in Germany suffered cancer. One at stage four, waiting for the call so to say.

I walked down the street and sat at another bench waiting to have ice cream with my friends. Again I thought as I saw people going by. They may drive that brand new Audi TT or have a Hummer Limousine as their wedding coach. All I saw at a 30 minute spent on the side bench. How sure are they of the future that it won't end tommorow. Is that all worth a life, so much that eternal life can be secured? I saw two young sisters walking ignorantly across the road. Their mother was far ahead. No cautin of the cars passing by. It could just be that tiny second. Maybe a microsecond if that term exists. It will end.

Than I realise how life is so similar to electronic goods. Back in the days when a nokia 3100 was the lord of modern handphones. It could last anything. As technology gets better, the life spend of handphones, computers get shorter, to one day be filled in by the latest technology of its kind. So goes to life. As intelligance get above the once impossible line, our lifespent too becomes shorter. With the polluted air and processed food, our body is turning into a time bomb. How sure are we what we do now could take us 10 years into the future? We never know what happens tommorrow. Are we even ready if our time comes tommorow? To say thank you to a person who has helped us, or just to say a simple I Love You to our parents and siblings. All this, we never know.

If only we reflect on what life really is and how short it clearly is. Only the Mighty one above is the only big boss we can turn to. That is what life sums into.

3 comments:

Mell L. said...

I always remind myself not to take life for granted.May everyone who has left us,RIP.

The Mannequin said...

true ruth. i was just thinking of writing a post like this. i thank u ruth for u being there for me, and ur wonderful mummmy. :)

reeyau said...

now its so clear dat life ends at its own time. nowadays the age barier gets lower. my cuz is only 23 this year. my seniors are all less than 25. its a shock that they are already victims of cancer. do take care ya girls. hugs