Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Personal Memory Box

This is the third year I've spent my birhtday away from home. Like very far away without close girlfriends or any family member for that matter. I grew up having birthday parties every year with my cousins and my mum would make her special roasted chicken wings for us. My mum always made sure that her daughters bithdays were something special that they could remember every year. We would choose places to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner as we got older, or go to the movies as a family with cousins. During my high school years, there was never a year without a surprise party for me. I knew I was special. My girlfriends always made sure of that.

As I had to leave home, counting this year as the third, I start to think that birthdays aren't that great. Maybe I've somehow changed my mindset into a guys mind where a birthday is nothing but just another day. For girl it's different. Girls want everthing to be fun and happening and of course special. But for guys, they don't even bother most of the time. I was starting to turn into that.

I am the elder sibling with one younger sister. That's all to my family tree. I've always wanted a brother, or brothers in another context. God gave me people whom I'll cherish in my heart till I grow old and tell my grandchildren about. Brothers different in so many ways, but one thing for sure is that I know they love me.

Thankfully, I have not turned into a birthday Grinch. =)



Thank you.

4 comments:

Nik Alya said...

eee they are so cool! kamek suka nok barbie and jacob ya koo. cake ya kacak juak. polah dirik pun ka?

happy 23rd birthday ruth! may your wish to have a simple life without emptying the pockets to buy a bmw be reached as soon as possible, God wills.

reeyau said...

thanks alya. =) i didnt expect them to give me that!! i thought maybe theyll buy be cellulite cream or something! hahaa.. kek nok choc ya daknya meli. nok ada buah2 ya i made. I just made d custard and put fruits on top. d crust i bought =P

Coffee Girl said...

Happy Birthday girl! Birthdays are great when someone pull a surprise on you, kan?

reeyau said...

Thanks CG! yeah. and it usually is done by people who cares about you. it makes you count your blessings!