Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Love, My Kuching

Its been a month since i left Kuching after my last summer break. I'll tell you one thing. Nowhere else beats my hometown, not even living in a foreign land. I can't tell if i'm home sick or not. its just another feeling that makes me think that home is always where my heart is, no matter how far or how strong my financial stability is...

Kuching is just plain old Kuching, but the fact that you can't get it anywhere else makes you love it more. Yes, it may not have a handfull of glorious shopping malls, nor does the road expands itself widely in all directions. We Kuching-ites love it plain simple cos as my best friend says, a simple life is a happy life. That is very true.

And why I miss Kuching now is because during my 2 months break, I got to learn something new. Due to the pursuation of my sister and how she dances, I got hooked to belly dancing which is so super extremely cool! if only there were belly dancing classes in Landshut itself insted of going all the way down to muenchen. We here do not have the freedom of semester tickets like those in Hessen.

Most of the time spend at home was 'at home'. I woke up, cooked, watch tv, clean, wash clothes, makes me feel like a house wife. If only I had a rich husband.. if only.. I even had to baby-sit every Thursday when my cousins don't have their babysitter on-call. So spending my time, I made them make pineapple tarts with me.

On my wish-lists of recipes, I spent time baking cheesecakes and once, make apple pie which the crust really sucks and just crumbles. Well, i am a first timer. I have never baked in the comforts of my own home kitchen. Last I did it, I burnt my sister cakes. How should I know that it was a grill button??

I've hardly tasted Ayam Penyet before. Some might go "what??", LOL. Ok. So mummy brought us for dinner at The Baruk. its a dining place across the Sarawak River with the Baruk House concept. the Baruk is a Bidayuh traditional house. nope, its not owned by a Bidayuh but a Malay. Bidayuhs won't survive business. but anyway, I got my Ayam Penyet. Nyum... but a better Ayam Penyet will be next to the town Mosque as recomemded by a hardcore fan who is Rabiaal. Having dinner across the river, we could not waste the scenary of Kuching Waterfront. We even saw a fisherman cathing fish.. so homely the feeling..



One Saturday, Mummy brought us for a make-up session in Aunty Junes house. It was so cool cos we got to play with all the makeup, which was from Bloop de Paris. Like a kindergarten coloring session! wee~~ so cool right? they thought us how to apply makeup and stuff.. Im still a noob at this, cos in my perception, engineers don't need all that. But than again, who does'nt want to look pretty?

Of course there were also times I went out with friends and had our life talks. We had dinner and karaoke, we had our club sessions, drinking sessions, beach-out times and badminton!! Me, Eli n Freda decided to meet up for dinner but Eli has badminton after that. So i decided that we go follow her. And Freda sat there the whole time laughing at me play!! Bad Freda. So I will conclude that next time, I'll go play badminton alone with Eli and leave Freda to eat at Jln Song. The thing about us being Malaysians is that our meet-ups always has to inculde food!! We Malaysians are Food Junkies! We also had a mini class reunion dinner which only about 10 of us turned up. Glad you girls did!! I really miss my highschool moments!

My Sister and her friendsReunion dinner at Topspot

This is the Santubong Beach, which we transpassed the resort to get in.. quite sucluded but its so pretty!! Not forgetting hot in the blazing sun! We just sat around to have lunch. No one went for a swim.
felix's stolen mariachi hat

And lets not forget my family time!! We had a BBQ at Sg Adis which is in Bau. A reserved place where you can even have a place to stay overnight. A real autenthic bidayuh setting. They have rafts and big tyres for you to play in the river with. Its rm2 per person I think.. The place really looks like some Sarawak Tourism setting..

Nice right?

And that's why Kuching will always be my home..

No comments: