Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

If I had a choice, this would be my job.

Who would'nt want travelling as a job? Of course you would if you're a travel addict like me who watches out for cheap flight promos on the net as a part time hobby. More ideal, I would choose to be an adventurer. Because I'd like to befriend Dora the explorer.

Adventure gears on. Deducting money on my account doesn't seem like a pain (the after match is) as I would earn Adventurer points in return in my book of life. I would be poor, but at least I've been there, and there and there. My saving for the whole semester wuld be spend on flights, accomodations, local cuisines, museums, tours, souvenirs, but heck the experience is what you can't put a tag on.



So where to this time? We were pulling strings towards Croatia on the east side but the west got it's turn. Lucky me. Spending days in a country where illegal means legal. There's a lot going on in the city of Amsterdam. Always compared to its underwater Italian cousin, Amsterdam is Venice with vehicals (and lots and lots of bicycles).



Detour from Amsterdam, we made an abrupt decision to visit Brussels one morning. Took the train the next hour and in two hours ; walla!, the city coated in chocolate and the famous peeing boy. There isn't much to Brussels. Just a few turns around the city, out to the Palace, nothing much. Done in 3 hours. But well, I was there.



 I'll post more on each city and its attractions soon. I've got my room to clear since I'm moving out at the end of the month and there's another adventure waiting for me this week.

This time, to the east. A spectacular city : Budapest.

2 comments:

Coffee Girl said...

You are one lucky lady! .... waiting for my adventure to begin.

Kristina said...

sounds great! amsterdam is clearly one of the best european cities, loving it!! looking forward to see what you thought of budapest :)