Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

The *Blings* Of Mothers

Today is Mothers Day. I missed Mothers Day at home again. And it makes me miss my home even more each day. So I'm going to dedicate this post to all mothers out there reading especially my mother back home.

Myspace Graphics

Mothers are precious diamonds that most of us tend to forget. As we grew older, we tend to leave behind our best friend who was always our shining Armour for the early stages of our lives. She still is our shining Armour though. But she keeps still and sit back to watch, in case her child needs her though they brag to the world that they can do things in their own strength.

She watches her sons give flower bouquets to their partners, her daughters being pampered by their other halves. Deep inside, reluctant to speak are those small voices that she would also love to be like that. But no, none of us knows whats deep inside. Because a Mother will only keep silent, and watch everything passes her eyes.

And the day comes when her child falls, she'll always be by their side. No matter what hurt she has towards them, she erases it, only to show her love and care. Her son from a broken relationship, her daughter being cheated. And then there she is, always willing to comfort. She would give her wise words, and her comforting shoulder. She would cry with you and tell you it's ok. No matter how forsaken she felt when she seems nowhere near your private life.

The circulation than goes on, we repeat the same mistake. We rise, we fall, we achieve, put our graduation hats on, some of which she never had. She watches her child gain in life and you know how she's proud of you. She will always remind you and tell you that she's proud of you and how much she loves you. All those mushy love languages you can't reply her. You think you're too cool for it. But how many times do you reply those love languages to your mother compared to your girlfriend or boyfriend, which you are not securely with? Again, she just sits there. Still overflowing her love unto you.

Mothers are humans to. Not slaves to feed and clean for you. A humble heart made by God to always shelter you and keep you in good shape. All she can do is Love you, as Love really conquers all.

Make a phonecall home, she would love to hear from you. Tell her how you love and cherish her. Thank her for who you are now, what she has thought you. May it be folding origamis, riding your bike, teaching you how to treat others well. All those shaped you now. Made you who you are.

She is your cook, tutor, partner, bestfriend, an overall perfect giver of life, that sometimes stay silent. Appreciate her.

As for me, this is for mummy.

Through tunders and blizzards you kept me warm, you shelterter me from the raging wind. You told me my drawing was pretty though it was sick. You still tied my dress though I was big. You thought me to love and to cherish others, to treat others how you want me to be treated. You showed me how to appreciate life, though most of the time it turns its back on you, the heart to forgive people after what they have done to you.

I never knew how you felt being both mum and dad, how you struggled through words that are bad. All I knew was you never show that you were sad. Criticized, despised, though you were not guilty, all you did was to make sure your daughters grew up and know how to lead. Through prayers and supports, and hardcore faith, God always answers, you always reminded me that. Maybe not in my time but His time.

I call you my superwoman, and I always admired how you could always handle things by yourself, but I know how God kept you strong. Thank you for always being there, thank you for being my best friend and all those moments that we shared.

I Love You Mummy. that's the best thing I could say.

Myspace Graphics

Lots and Lots and Lots Of Abundant Love... Reeyau

No comments: