Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A letter to Malaysia

Dear Malaysia,

How have you been lately? I've heard a lot of news about you but i could not split the truth from the false. looks like things got pretty hectic huh? its been two months since i left but my heart still stayed with you. Nothing beats being a Malaysian, not even being in Europe. how is it going with the government and the economic situation? I just pray that things will get better. prayers are always the best way to sort out situations. For me, being far from you makes me miss you so much. Ive had great times with you in my past years and i'm sure to have it till its time for me to leave you for good.

Malaysia, you are so blessed in many ways. Counting your blessing will take real long as it passes from Kelantan to Sabah. With your exotic beauties and great gifts, its no wonder a soul like me could not bare to leave you. you have given me amazing times both good and bad, and it made me learn a lot in this life. We had great fun don't we?? Having ABC or lai chee kang on a hot and sunny day is always the greatest treat. And those amazing stars that shine like blankets of diamonds were always amazing for me as i gaze at them on the way back from the kampung. Its just a waste that i cant really do that when i was staying in KL though. two years in KL was one of my great 730 days. It never seems to sleep and always has something to offer everyone of all ages. Those times when we had nights out in clubs and spend almost 2 hours in Subang looking for the home of a drunkard young lady. Amazing stuff alcohol makes you do. my fridays when i would take the train down to hang Tuah Station to go to Bukit Bintang. Walking along Pudu Jail to save a few pennies under your hot blazing sun. how Times Square was the place for us to spend our wednesdays for cheap movie tickets. you sur have your ways with students.

still malaysia, i admire your spirit of road driving and rage. How scary became not so scary and how speed traps can be replaced by a cup of coffee in the mamak stall. the minds of your people that you cant find anywhere else. your long jams are what i always saluted. i never figured them out somehow. especially your famous festive season back to back traffic. 7 hours on the Karak highway was a car show gallery for me. and how you would close your roads during your birthday and strike beautiful flowers in the sky at midnight. that act of closing your main road would make me suffer from Urinary track infection if you did not have mousy streets from Petaling Jaya to KL.

to tell you the truth Malaysia, i really wish i was with you now. sitting with my family back home enjoying each others company and going back to Taee on the weekends... the glory of Durians in this season. i'll be having a great time as i used to. As Christmas is approaching, how we would do our preparations and Christmas carols and Productions. The presence of ECF is so God gifted and they strongly pray for you in every way. malaysia, i love you and really hope for the best for your future. well, i hope i'll be back to serve you as your citizens have given me this chance to be here. i wont let you down malaysia.

lots of Love from your native girl

5 comments:

Sura said...

I miss Malaysia too. Call me a patriot, but it's true :) Miss you too, so many things to tell you.

reeyau said...

wadduyou wana tell me?? its been a sad week.. im sad n obviously homesick. huhuhuuu

Anonymous said...

Homesick. Never thought i would also end up being homesick. Its a thing u could only feel when all the things that we always took for granted is taken away from us. Moms food, borak kosong with friends and family, and even roti canai pak ngah. I feel sad now. but at the same time, Im grateful, because it taught me such a valuable lesson. to be proud of who you are and be proud where u come from.

Unknown said...

Reading ur piece + a #$%^ week = tears(almost).. i miss home.. i felt exactly hw u felt, since we went through most of those wonderful (n silly) moments together.. *hugs*

CARISSA said...

Honey, how are you? I miss you. It feels different when going to church and not seeing you. Perhaps seeing you there already gives me the peace of home; seing somebody I know from deep within alongside in a room brings much comfort.

How's finding a church? Have you plugged in there yet? I hope you will find another spiritual family that will keep and protect you always. Have faith that God will lead you to much greater heights okie? Keeping you always in my prayers!

Shine there much dearest and continue to bless others with ur amazing personality. Know that we all love you so much here and we're praying for favours in your life.

Take care always and God bless you so much! :))