Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

Gone

The part of life that nobody likes or loves to face. Something or someone being gone. Especially those that are close to our heart. Going gone can be in various ways, a break up or the passing of loved ones, this will always affect the way we view life and other perspectives that will bring us forward, may it be positive or negative.

The saddest part of life is always losing a loved one. I've been through it twice and it still affects me until today. losing a father at a very young age is never a dream for a child nor for the mother. and as time goes by, i had to let go of my lovable grandmother who had always been my shelter. I'm not much of a professional on emotions but i still have one. So my heart goes out to you, those who have lost a great someone lately. I believe that God has a purpose for things that happen and that he have planned our life even before we were born.

Losing a friend can always burn a hole inside of us. My mother lost her best friend to cancer last 2 months. and the sad part was that her last wish before she went was to meet my mum. Unfortunately the wish stayed only her last wish and my mum only got to know a week later. A lost friendship of more than 20 years. Just gone in a breaking news. A lesson to be learned to all of us who cherish friendships. We may not know what happens in a second or two.

Age does not make us feeling-proof if there is such a word. When i was younger, i always wanted to be the one who leaves first because the hurt of losing someone traumatizes me. As i grow up, i realized that people will always come and go in life but its always the memories that remains. A really strong faith was what kept my family through and i really thank God for that.

Things will one day be gone.. God will always be there as they leave.

Gone, like yesterday is gone,
Like history is gone,
The world keeps spinning on,
Your going going gone,
Like summer break is gone,
Like saturday is gone
Just try to prove me wrong
You pretend like your immortal your immortal

We are not infinite
We are not permanent
Nothing is immediate
We're so confident
In our accomplishments
Look at our decadence

Gone, like Frank Sinatra
Like Elvis and his mom
Like AL Pacino's cash nothing lasts in this life
My highschool dreams are gone
My childhood sweets are gone
Life is a day that doesn't last for long

"Gone - Switchfoot"

3 comments:

Gail J said...

this post, actually made me cry. :( feeling lonely, is also the effect of tht no matter how long someone has gone..no matter how many people is surrounding here, it takes just tht someone to make a diff, and when their gone nothing feels the same. hugs ..:(

Sura said...

It's beautifully written, and I am proud to have you as my bestfriend. You been through alot. Keep shining for God's glory b.
Take care. Hugguh & smileys :)
ps: I sent you a text but I have no idea if you got it. Am going to test-try your current address soon.

Sura said...

*You've